Today I had the please of speaking with the founders of Barefoot Wine, Michael Houlihan and Bonnie Harvey. Barefoot Wine is the number one brand in the country, Michael and Bonnie built it from the ground up. They sold the company and wrote a book, The Barefoot Spirit, and is now educating people about entrepreneurship.
Let’s dive into their story of how humble beginnings can take you to the top.
Things you will learn in this episode:
[00:01 – 08:01] Opening Segment
- I talked briefly about valuable information that you can take advantage of in this episode
- I’m introducing guests Michael Houlahan and Bonnie Harvey into the show
- Bonnie & Harvey talk about how their Barefoot wine journey began.
- They saw a business opportunity and took it
[08:02 – 14:39] Getting into the wine industry
- Michael and Bonnie didn’t have a passion for the wine industry but they certainly have a passion for business so they capitalized on that.
- Michael and Bonnie talk about their early years in the business
[14:40 – 23:41] Strategies in the wine industry
- Michael and Bonnie share vital information about how they effectively implement their strategies to crush it in the wine industry
- Michael and Bonnie talk briefly about their audiobook
- Michael and Bonnie share a story about their customers
[23:42 – 30:34] How the Barefoot brand became known
- Michael and Bonnie share their story of how Barefoot’s brand was known
- They didn’t have money for advertising
- Gave their wine to get value in their brand
- Sold Barefoot from neighborhood to neighborhood
- Grew the brand without paid advertising
[30:35 – 41:16] How Barefoot became the number 1 brand in the wine industry
- Michael and Bonnie talk about their marketing strategy, worthy cause marketing
- Michael and Bonnie wrote a book, Barefoot Spirit.
- Turned Barefoot Spirit into an audiobook
- Michael and Bonnie talk more about their book
- What motivates Michael and Bonnie
[41:17 – 47:30] The FOCUS FIVE Segment
- What book have you gifted most often?
- See below for links
- If you can get an hour of somebody’s time and ask questions, who would that be and why?
- What is one thing that you believe that most people would disagree with you on?
- People think that their idea is good enough, they don’t want to believe that it’s all about distribution and distribution management
- Morning routine, How do you start your day?
- Take Showers, make coffee, check the calendar for the day
- What is the best place we can connect with you online?
- See below for social links
[47:31 – 49:50] Closing Segment
- Final words from me
“People who have dirt under their fingernails, they know more about the business than all the white-collar workers in the world.” – Michael Houlahan
Resources mentioned in the episode:
- Barefoot Wine Website
- The Barefoot Spirit Website
- The Barefoot Spirit Book on Amazon
- The Barefoot Spirit Audiobook
- The Barefoot Spirit Audiobook Samples
- Think and Grow Rich
- As a Man Thinketh
- How to Win Friends & Influence People
- Schedule a call with Hans
LEAVE A REVIEW + help someone who wants to explode their business growth by sharing this episode or click here to listen to our previous episodes.
To know more about me and all the real estate opportunities you can find, check out my website at Hansstruzyna.com. Get the chance to talk with me for FREE. Set up a call using this link https://calendly.com/h-struzyna/15min