Today I had the pleasure of speaking with the founder of Simple Passive Cashflow, Lane Kawaoki. Lane originally studied to become an engineer that worked in a corporate setting straight out of college. Like most of his friends, he saved up some money and bought a house. After renting some rooms, he realized he was onto something and that’s how he got into real estate investing. Now, Lane teaches people how to make simple passive cash flow through real estate and grow their net worth.
Let’s dive into Lane’s story of how sometimes simpler is better.
Things you will learn in this episode:
[00:01 – 08:25] Opening Segment
- I talked briefly about valuable information that you can take advantage of in this episode
- I’m introducing guest Lane Kawaoka into the show
- Lane talks about how his journey began
- Worked as an Engineer
- Bought a house and turned it into a rental
- will be sharing a quick story about one of my tenants
[08:26 – 14:35] You buy properties for cashflow
- Lane talks about how he maximized making cashflow from his initial investment
- Saving money to buy a property, make cashflow, and repeat.
- Lane talks about his transition from quitting his day job to grow his net worth
- Lane shares some valuable information that you should take note of
[14:36 – 21:00] How you get started in real estate investing and grow your net worth
- – Lane talks about being responsible for using leverage to increase your net worth
- 70-20-10 rule, stop thinking about the 10% and do 70%
- 70% is just about doing it
- 20% is about working with mentors
- 10% is for podcast and books
- You need to have money
- Work your day job and save money
[21:01 – 25:54] How Passive Cash Flow Happens?
- What kind of lifestyle are you trying to build?
- Start building something that will be sustainable
- Lane talks about his virtual group of high net worth professionals that makes passive incomes
- When people are confused, they get intimidated
[25:55 – 34:40] Networking with other high net worth investors
- Lane shares more practical advice just for you!
- Talk to other people that are investing
- Real estate investing is a people’s business
- Build relationships and communicate with more people
- Adding value to other people
- Give without the expectation of receipt
- Why you are still broke and alone
[34:41 – 38:54] The FOCUS FIVE Segment
- What book have you gifted most often?
- I don’t read books. Just go out and do it!
- If you can get an hour of somebody’s time and ask questions, who would that be and why?
- I would rather pay somebody to tell me what they really think
- What is one thing that you believe that most people would disagree with you on?
- Buy assets that produce money, make cash flow
- Morning routine, How do you start your day?
- I walk across the hallway, check my e-mail, drink my coffee and catch-up with the day
- What is the best place we can connect with you online?
- See below for social links
[38:55 – 40:56] Closing Segment
- Final words from me
“When people are confused, they get intimidated.” – Lane Kawaoka
“Give without the expectation of receipt” – Hans Struzyna
Resources mentioned in the episode:
LEAVE A REVIEW + help someone who wants to explode their business growth by sharing this episode or click here to listen to our previous episodes.
To know more about me and all the real estate opportunities you can find, check out my website at Hansstruzyna.com. Get the chance to talk with me for FREE. Set up a call using this link https://calendly.com/h-struzyna/15min